back to project list
Full Name: LIQuid-crystal enabled Universal Optical Reconfigurable Integrated Circuit Engineering
- In LIQUORICE, we will build an operational proof-of-concept generic programmable photonic processor that can eventually be used as a flexible off-the-shelf alternative to difficult-to-design application-specific photonic chips. With this prototype, we will implement a variety of commonly used optical test and measurement functions, targeting the market of scientific and educational lab instrumentation.
- design the photonic circuits
- assemble the liquid crystal cell
- test the electrical control
- programming algorithms for measurement instruments
- validate the proof of concept
Research topics involved
Publications in the framework of this project (1)
W. Bogaerts, K. Nagarjun, L. Van Iseghem, X. Chen, H. Deng, I. Zand, Y. Zhang, Y. Liu, A.Y. Takabayashi, H. Sattari, N. Quack, P. Edinger, G. Jo, S.J. Bleiker, K.B. Gylfason, F. Niklaus, A. Kumar Mallik, M. Jezzini, C. Antony, G. Talli, P. Verheyen, J. Beeckman, U. Khan,
Scaling Programmable Silicon Photonic Circuits, SPIE Photonics West OPTO (invited), 12426, United States, p.12426-1 doi:10.1117/12.2647293 (2023) .