Full Name: Broadband Lightwave Sources and Systems
Duration: 1/9/95-31/8/98 (Finished)
- GAP-Optique S.A
- Telenor Research
- Univ.of Athens
- Lisbon Technical University
- To bring to full maturity key advanced components and modules for photonic networks and to demonstrate their practical use in applications.
- Development of an automated characterisation and parameter extraction framework.
- Development of advanced laser sources for high-bitrate transmission links and WDM-networks
- Development of multi wavelength laser consisting of gain section and a passive wavelength demultiplexer based on phased array concept (active/passive integration achieved by selective area growth)
- Targets : 4-8 channels
- Channnel spacing : 400 GHz / 200 GHz
Project Web site: http://www.intec.rug.ac.be/Research/Projects/horizon/projects/bliss/bliss.html